Polycore Building System
The system makes use of a vacuum bonded sandwich panel with a fire retardent quality 60mm polystyrene core. Various surface materials can be supplied to give the required wall finish. The exterior wall surface is made from 0.6mm chromadek and the interior walls can be a choice of decorative woodgrain board, a plain board for painting or chromadek.
These panels have a patented interlocking edge to give a weatherproof joint.
Floor and Base Frame
The building is erected on a concrete floor slab. A galvanized channel base frame is fixed to the concrete, under both external and internal walls.
The wall panels are screwed or riveted to the base channel and a similar wall frame connects the top of the panels. Meranti skirting is supplied.
Doors and Windows
The openings for doors and windows are lined with galvanized sections into which the door panels and windows are fixed. The windows are made from either aluminium or steel (which is either painted or galvanised depending on client requirements).
3 roofing options are available for the Polycore system.
- The roof panels use the same 60mm polystyrene core as the wall panels but have a 0.58mm chromadek finish on the inside and 0.5mm galvanised steel on the outside. The roof panels are fixed to the wall frame and supported on a steel beam at the apex. The internal partition walls follow the slope of the ceiling.
- For larger roof spans, a modular roof structure is recommended
- For medium spans and speedy site erection, a similar roof to the IPS system is used. A suspended ceiling is provided which provides excellent insulation.
This is supplied in kit form. Wall switches and plug boxes are flush mounted in the wall panel. The wiring cable is concealed in the polystyrene core. A fully equipped distribution board is supplied with each kit.
Supplied in kit form using “Polycop” cold and hot water pipes and fittings. A floor mounted electric geyser is included.
- Kitchen furniture and bedroom cupboards.
- Floor cover to customers requirements.
- Bathroom fittings to customer requirements.
- Tile board for the walls of bathroom and kitchen.
- Suspended ceiling
Plans (click links below to view)